Sunday 19 July 2009

The story so far...

Sorry to regular Glasgow "The Day" readers for no posts these last couple of days. Been spending time with the family over the Glasgow Fair Weekend. And the weather is normal for the Glasgow Fair.... p***** doon!!
This is actually the 60th post to this blog.
So decided to do something a wee bit different and put together a wee video of the story of Glasgow "The Day" so far. It is a self indulgent 11 minutes long but had so many bits I wanted to include. Hope I have included your favourite bit and it not too long to bore you.

Was amazing to just look back at all the places I have seen, fantastic people I have met and things I have learnt these last few weeks. And a big thank you to all the people who have given me so much encouragement and support for the blog and for my job hunt. THANK YOU!!

Anyway, there are three songs on the slideshow.
First one is "All In One Day" by Ultravox. I loved Ultravox in my youth and actually got their greatest hits for my birthday this year from a special friend. Can still song along (badly :) ) to all the tracks.
I used this track because I liked the idea that although it has taken me 7 weeks to compile these photos, all of this goes on in Glasgow in one day, everyday.

The second track is "Homesick" by Deacon Blue. What can I say about Deacon Blue?
Raintown is probably the album I have played most in my life and it still sounds fantastic today.
But have chosen Homesick cause it seemed to fit all the images of Glasgow. And know that's how I feel whenever I'm away from here for too long.

The last track is "Slideshow" by Travis. Another one of my favourite bands.
The title is obvious why I chose it. But have also always loved this track.

There no real connection between any of the lyrics and any particular photo. The photos pretty much in the order in which I saw Glasgow. Hope you enjoy the music and images and this compilation of Glasgow "The Day" so far makes you smile!!

Usual wee plug for the Yorkhill Children's Foundation at the end.

Be well, be happy!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic collection, great fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video and the songs and your blog.

    I've been living the last five years in Sydney and you just made me incredibly homesick. It's such an amazing and wonderful city with a life to its own.

    ReplyDelete