Friday 24 July 2009

Back in the saddle again...

No post of a tour round Glasgow "The Day".

The reason is that I have the good news to announce that I am back at work again. Through some organisational changes the company has found a way to reverse the decision on my redundancy. So I am really happy to be back in a job again!

Would like to take this chance to thank everyone that has supported me, my job hunting and this blog during this difficult time. Redundancy is a painful, stressful experience and this blog has helped me keep going each day. I hope something positive has come out of it either just if it made you smile or learned something new about a wonderful city or if you got the chance to donate some money to Yorkhill because of it.

It has given me the chance to fall in love with Glasgow again and to meet some amazing people. The Carousel Girls, the lemonade girls, Lyndsay and Rosie the dog, Pop ... the list goes on... and can't forget special mention for Papa Joe.

Also have to give special mention to my friends at the outplacement team at Penna in Cadogan Street. The base camp for Glasgow "The Day" where so many tours started or ended. They have been a terrific support and have been my workmates for months now. Although glad to be back in my job I will miss seeing the Penna gang each day.

So is this the end for Glasgow "The Day"?

No.

Obviously can't do a tour each day now but I still intend to post stuff up here when I can about what I have seen in Glasgow on days that I manage to get back into the city. Maybe do some special events. And will have to cover Christmas in the city anyway!! Then Glasgow really is magical!!

Once again thank you for all your support.

Be well and be happy out there!!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Kenny on the job front. Glad to hear that the company changed their minds - I have heard it would have been their loss. Hope all goes well for you.
    Looking forward to surprise updates when you have the time.
    All the best
    Anne
    (ps this will probably come up as Alex's profile!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your job back. Was on holiday when I heard and the first thing I asked was what was going to happen to your blog! I know I'm sad!! Glad to hear its not the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Kenny! I've have been off-line (and off my mind because of it!) for over a month and have been missing your blog. It's great to come back to some good news. I was also wondering what would happen once you started working again so good to hear you are going to try to keep posting.

    ReplyDelete