Thursday 2 July 2009

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

The superbike racing had an event in George Square today to promote the race at Knockhill at the weekend. I'm not much of a petrol head but went along on my way home to see what it was all about. Got a few photos of something different going on in Glasgow "The Day"
Was a good fun family afternoon in the city. The roar of motor engines, the smell of burning rubber. Maybe will have to have that mid life crisis and get myself a Harley Davidson after all? :)

The day not just about bikes. Also some cool vintage cars as well. You could actually win the chance to race around the square in these.



The superbikes. Very impressive piece of engineering.

Wherever there is motor racing it seems there has to be glamorous models. You can tell this is Glasgow rather than the Monaco Grand Prix because of the essential fashion item of a big umbrella :)

A photo of a couple of my own cars in the the Square :)


For once some boy racers welcome in Glasgow.


Harley in front of the City Chambers.


Another excuse to take a photo of the Tron church. This time unusually with a race safety car in front.

Burning some rubber.


Wheelie good fun in George Square. These engines do sound amazing as they roar around the square.
Was definitely worth popping along to see this. Lots of fun. Even got myself a '99 ice cream!! Big kid!! :)
Hey this blog can't always be about architecture!!
The superbikes are seemingly here every year so watch out for it next year.
Be well, be happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment